By browsing Dole website, you consent to the use of some of these cookies.
Performance, Social Media and Advertising
These cookies are used to improve how our Website works and to distinguish unique users by assigning a randomly generated number as a client identifier. They collect information about how users use our Website, for instance which pages are visited most often, and if they get error messages from web pages. All information collected by these cookies is aggregated and therefore anonymous.
Social Media and Advertising
Our websites allow third parties to download cookies to your device. Social media cookies offer the possibility to connect you to your social networks and share content from our website through social media. Advertising cookies are used to deliver adverts more relevant to you and your interests. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advert as well as help measure the effectiveness of the advertising campaigns. They remember that you have visited the Website and this information may be shared with other organizations, e.g. advertisers. Deselecting these cookies may result in seeing advertising that is not as relevant to you or you not being able to link effectively with social networks and/or not allowing you to share content on social media.
Social Media and Advertising
Calories per serving
- 2 cans (15 oz. each) DOLE® Mandarin Oranges
- 1 box (2 layer) devil's food cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 orange, peel grated (optional)
- 1 pkg. (4-serving size) JELL-O® Vanilla Flavor Instant Pudding
- 2 cups COOL WHIP® Whipped Topping, thawed
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate
- Preheat oven to 350F. Spray 2 (9-inch) cake pans with cooking spray. Drain each can of mandarin oranges, keeping each, fruit and syrup, reserved separately.
- Combine cake mix, juice from one mandarin orange can, eggs, oil, and orange peel in a large bowl; beat 2 minutes.
- Pour cake mix into prepared cake pans. Layer mandarin oranges from one can over each cake and gently press them into the cake batter so they are submerged.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes. Remove from pan onto wire rack; cool completely.
- Pour 1/2 cup reserved juice from second can of oranges in bowl with pudding mix; whisk for 2 minutes or until completely dissolved. Remove 12 orange slices for garnish from second can and dry with paper towel; set aside. Fold in whipped topping and remaining mandarin oranges. Spread mandarin frosting on top of first layer of cake and out to the edges. Place second layer on top of first layer.
- Heat cream in small sauce pan until just beginning to steam (do not boil). Remove from stove and stir in chocolate. Stir until well blended. Pour chocolate mixture over cake and garnish with reserved mandarin oranges. Refrigerate half hour before serving. Store leftover cake in refrigerator.