Chocolate Banana Strawberry Torte
Wonderfully decadent medley of chocolate, banana and strawberry.
Calories per serving
- 3 separated eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 medium DOLE® Banana(s), pureed
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 firm, medium DOLE Bananas, sliced
- 1 cup frozen DOLE Sliced Strawberries
- optional powdered sugar
- Beat egg yolks and granulated sugar until pale and thick in large bowl. Stir in mashed banana, flour, cocoa and baking powder until blended; set aside.
- Beat egg whites in medium bowl until foamy. Add salt; beat until stiff peaks form (do not overbeat). Gently stir in 1/2 of egg whites, at a time, into banana mixture until blended.
- Pour batter evenly into 10-inch spring form pan sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
- Bake at 325° F. 35 to 40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Run knife around edge of pan; remove rim. Cool completely on wire rack.
- Arrange sliced bananas and strawberries on top of torte just before serving. Dust with powdered sugar, if desired.