Chipotle Steak Tacos with Pineapple Avocado Salsa
A smoky steak served with a flavorful fresh salsa.
Calories per serving
- 1 can (20 oz.) DOLE® Pineapple Tidbits or Chunks
- 2 canned chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, seeded and minced
- 16 corn tortillas
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 4 teaspoons,divided fresh lime juice
- 1-1/2 pounds beef skirt steak
- 1 ripe avocado, seeded, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- Drain pineapple, reserve 1 tablespoon juice. In small bowl, combine reserved pineapple juice, chipotle peppers, garlic, honey and 2 teaspoons lime juice. Reserve 2 teaspoons mixture for salsa.
- Heat ridged grill pan over medium-high heat until very hot. Place steak in pan; brush top with half chipotle mixture and cook 2 minutes. Turn steak over and brush with remaining mixture. Cook 2 to 3 minutes longer for medium-rare or until desired degree of doneness. Turn steak over again and cook 30 seconds longer. Transfer steak to a cutting board; keep warm.
- For Pineapple-Avocado Salsa: If using chunks, cut each piece into fourths or roughly chop. In medium bowl mix pineapple, avocado, red bell pepper, green onions, parsley, reserved 2 teaspoons chipotle mixture and remaining 2 teaspoons lime juice.
- Thinly slice steak; serve with Pineapple-Avocado Salsa and corn tortillas.