Chicken Strips with Rainbow Salsa
Former Dole associate and a long-time ambassador, Bonnie Lewis has inspired these fun, yet healthier kid friendly step by step recipes. Easy chicken strips paired with a bright and tasty salsa.
Calories per serving
- 1 cup frozen DOLE® Mango Chunks, partially thawed, diced
- 1 small avocado, peeled, pitted and diced
- 1 tomato, diced
- 3 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro, divided
- 1 can (6 oz.) DOLE Pineapple Juice, divided
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Sprinkle chicken strips with garlic powder and place in resealable plastic bag. Add remaining pineapple juice and 1 teaspoon cilantro to bag and mix. Marinate in refrigerator 20 to 30 minutes.
- Combine mango, avocado, tomato, green onion, 2 tablespoons cilantro, and 2 tablespoons pineapple juice. Set aside until ready to serve.
- Spray bottom of skillet with non-stick cooking spray. Remove chicken from bag. Discard remaining marinade. Add chicken strips and cook over medium heat until lightly browned on both sides and cooked through; about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Top chicken with salsa, garnish with remaining cilantro, and serve.