Chicken and Pineapple Pilaf
A sweet twist on a classic rice dish.
Calories per serving
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 1 cup onion, sliced
- 2 cups instant brown rice, uncooked
- 1 can (20 oz) DOLE® Pineapple Chunks, undrained
- 1 pkg (6 oz) cooked chicken, diced
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup DOLE® Seedless Raisins
- 1/2 cup ground ginger
- 1/4 cup almonds, sliced
- 2 tbsp green onion, sliced
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Add onion and saute until tender about 5 minutes. Stir in rice, pineapple with juice, chicken, chicken broth, raisins and ginger. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 5 minutes. Remove from heat and let stand 5 minutes. Serve garnished with almonds and green onions.