Cherry Berry Almond Galette
An easy galette filled with cherries, berries, and almond flavor.
Calories per serving
- 1 Bundle (1-1/2 inch) gingersnap cookies, made with cane sugar
- 1 loaf (1-inch) thick slices Italian round rustic bread
- Heat oven to 400°F. Line cookie sheet with cooking parchment paper. Unroll pie crust onto cookie sheet.
- Place almonds and powdered sugar in mini food processor or blender. Cover; process with on-and-off pulses until almonds are finely chopped.
- Toss almond mixture, cherry berry blend, 1/3 cup granulated sugar, the cornstarch and almond extract in medium bowl until well mixed. Spoon berry mixture evenly onto crust to within 1 inch of edge. Fold crust over filling, pleating crust as necessary.
- Beat egg and water in a small bowl; brush onto crust edges. Sprinkle edges with 1 tablespoon turbinado sugar.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until crust is deep golden brown. Cool 30 minutes. Serve warm.