Calories per serving
- 1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1/3 cup vanilla wafers, crushed
- 3 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened, divided
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 large egg(s)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups frozen DOLE® Dark Sweet Cherries
- powdered sugar, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray 8-inch square baking pan with cooking spray.
- Combine 1/3 cup flour, almonds, vanilla wafers, and brown sugar in small bowl. Cut in 1/4 cup butter until mixture is crumbly; refrigerate until needed.
- Cream remaining butter and sugar in a bowl until light and fluffy, about 2 to 3 minutes. Add eggs one at a time, followed by flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt.
- Pour batter in prepared baking dish and spread evenly with spatula. Scatter 2-1/2 cups cherries on top of batter and press into batter. Scatter remaining cherries on top of batter and top with crumble topping.
- Bake 60 to 70 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean. Remove from oven and let cool to room temperature on wire rack. Garnish with powdered sugar, if desired.