This is the classic jubilee recipe which is great to serve over ice cream.
Calories per serving
- 2 tablespoons butter or soy butter
- 1/2 cup red or black currant jelly
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 pkg. (12 oz.) 3-1/2 cups frozen DOLE® Dark Sweet Cherries, thawed
- 2 tablespoons brandy (optional)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pint vanilla lowfat frozen yogurt
- Heat butter in medium sauce pan, stir in jelly and honey. Cook 2 minutes, or until jelly has dissolved. Stir in cherries, brandy, lemon juice, cornstarch and salt; cook another 8 minutes, or until mixture has thickened slightly.
- Remove saucepan from heat and set aside. Scoop frozen yogurt into 4 serving dishes; top with cherry jubilee. Serve immediately.