Casual Curried Turkey
This is the perfect dish for anyone who loves curry.
Calories per serving
- 1 can (20 oz.) DOLE® Pineapple Chunks in Juice
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 cup DOLE Celery, sliced
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 1/2 cup DOLE Seedless Raisins
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 cups chunked cooked turkey or chicken
- 1 red DOLE Apple, cored, chunked
- 2-1/2 cups hot cooked rice
- peanuts (optional)
- shredded coconut (optional)
- Drain pineapple, reserve juice.
- Sauté onion and celery in oil in nonstick skillet over medium heat about 5 to 7 minutes. Stir in seasonings, reserved juice bouillon cube and raisins. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Cover, simmer 5 minutes. Combine cornstarch with 3/4 cup water; stir into skillet. Cook, stirring until mixture boils and thickens.
- Add turkey, apple and pineapple. Cook 10 minutes or until heated through. Serve over rice with peanuts and coconut, if desired.