Calories per serving
- 2 packages (2-layer) carrot cake mix
- 4 cans (15 oz.) DOLE® Mandarin Oranges, drained, divided
- 3 cups whipping cream
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray four (9-inch) round baking pans with cooking spray and line with parchment or wax paper.
- Prepare cake mix according to package directions. Mix with hand mixer for 2 minutes. Fold in half of mandarin oranges.Pour batter into prepared cake pans. Bake 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan 10 minutes. Remove from pan onto wire rack; cool completely.
- Beat cream to stiff peaks. Fold in powdered sugar, vanilla extract, and cinnamon. Divide whipped cream mixture in half. Add 1-1/2 cups mandarin oranges to one half whipped cream. Cover; refrigerate both whipped creams for 1 hour.
- Spread mandarin whipped cream between cake layers. Spread remaining whipped cream over top and sides of cake. Garnish with remaining mandarin oranges.
- NOTE: Recipe serves 16. To decrease recipe to serve 8, reduce all ingredients in half and proceed as above.