Caribbean Jerk Pineapple Pizza
This pizza has a spicy flavor from the jerk seasoning with the sweet pineapple and papaya, which makes it a Caribbean dish.
Calories per serving
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 3/4 cup (6 oz.) prepared jerk marinade
- 1/2 cup (4 oz.) barbecue sauce
- 1/2 cup (4 oz) DOLE® mango chutney
- 3 cups (12 oz.) pepper jack cheese, shredded
- 1 DOLE® Papaya
- 1 small DOLE Red Onion, sliced
- 1 can (20 oz.) DOLE Pineapple Chunks in Juice
- 2 ready made pizza crusts
- 1/2 cup fresh DOLE Cilantro, coarsely chopped
- Marinate chicken thighs in jerk marinade in refrigerator, four hours or overnight. Remove from marinade; discard marinade.
- Bake chicken in 12x8-inch baking dish, sprayed with nonstick cooking spray, at 350º F., 25 minutes or until chicken reaches internal temperature of 165ºF.
- Combine barbecue sauce and mango chutney in small saucepan to make pizza sauce. Simmer 10 minutes over low heat; stirring occasionally. Cool sauce 7 to 10 minutes.
- Spoon one half the sauce over each pizza crust. Spread half the cheese over each pizza.
- Slice chicken. Top each pizza with sliced chicken, papaya,, red onion and pineapple chunks.
- Bake pizza at 375º F., 20 to 25 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Cool 2 to 3 minutes; garnish with chopped cilantro. Cut and serve.