Candied Pineapple Yams
Candied yams with pineapple.
Calories per serving
- 5 pounds yams or sweet potatoes, washed, pierced with fork
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup DOLE® Pineapple Juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 can (20 oz.) DOLE® Pineapple Chunks
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- Place yams on foil-lined baking sheet. Bake at 375 F., for 60 to 90 minutes or until yams are tender when pricked with a fork. Cool slightly, peel and cut into chunks.
- Spoon baked yams into large mixing bowl. Add margarine, pineapple juice, salt and pumpkin pie spice. Beat until fluffy. Stir in pineapple chunks.
- Spoon mixture into lightly greased 13x9-inch baking dish. Sprinkle with brown sugar. Continue baking at 375 F for 15 minutes or until hot.