Breezy Indian Spiced Chicken with Mango Peanut Sauce Dates and Grilled Mango
This recipe was the 2014 Grand Prize California Cook-off winner.
Calories per serving
- 3/4 cup hoisin sauce, divided
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 1-1/4 teaspoons Garam Masala, divided
- 1-1/2 tablespoons, plus 2 teaspoons lemon juice, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, or to taste
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 3 cups frozen DOLE® Mango Chunks, thawed, divided
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons sweet chili sauce, or to taste
- 1/2 cup DOLE Chopped Dates
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Preheat gas grill to medium-high heat.
- Add chicken to large resealable bag. Stir together 1/2 cup hoisin sauce, ginger, 1 teaspoon garam masala, 1-1/2 tablespoons lemon juice, and kosher salt, in medium bowl . Set aside about a third of marinade for grilling. Pour remaining marinade over chicken in bag; seal bag. Toss to coat chicken well. Place in a cooler next to grill or in ice-filled bowl.
- Spray grill rack with cooking spray. Thread 1 cup mango onto skewers. Grill mango chunks 2 to 3 minutes, flipping once, until grill marks appear. Place mango chunks in food processor or blender. Cover; blend until smooth.
- In medium fire-proof saucepan, over medium heat on grill side burner, add mango puree, peanut butter, water, remaining 1/4 teaspoon garam masala, and 1/4 cup hoisin sauce. Cook, stirring, until smooth and heated through. Remove from heat; stir in remaining 2 teaspoons lemon juice and sweet chili sauce.
- Spray grill rack with cooking spray. Thread remaining mango chunks onto skewers. Set aside.
- Remove chicken from marinade; discard marinade in bag. Place chicken on grill rack. Grill chicken 3 to 5 minutes per side, flipping once, until grill marks appear and internal temperature reaches 165°F. During last few minutes of grilling, brush chicken with reserved marinade.
- Grill mango skewers 1 to 2 minutes per side, flipping once or until grill marks appear.
- Arrange chicken on 6 small plates; top with grilled mango chunks. Sprinkle with dates and cilantro, dividing equally. Drizzle with mango sauce.