Brandied Roast Chicken
Chicken roasted and served with a brandy sauce to achieve rich flavor.
Calories per serving
- 1 (5-1/2 lb.) roasting chicken
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 can (20 oz.) DOLE® Pineapple Slices
- 1 can (6 oz.) DOLE Pineapple Juice
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/3 cup brandy
- 2 tbsp. cornstarch
- 2 tsp. grated orange peel
- 3 whole cloves
- DOLE® Canned Pineapple Slices in 100% Pineapple Juice
- DOLE® Canned Pineapple Juice
- Remove neck and giblets from chicken. Save for favorite stuffing. Rub butter over entire chicken except back. Place in roasting pan. Stuff, if desired, with favorite stuffing.
- Roast in 425 F oven 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350 F, roast 1 hour 45 minutes for stuffed, or 1 hour 15 minutes for unstuffed chicken, or until done.
- Drain pineapple, reserve all juice. Combine juice with remaining ingredients. Cook, stirring, until clear and thickened. Add pineapple, heat through. Baste chicken with sauce every 10 minutes during last 30 minutes of cooking.
- Garnish platter with pineapple slices. Serve with brandy sauce.