Blueberry Coconut Amaranth Bowl
A delicious breakfast bowl pairing ancient grain and blueberries.
Calories per serving
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup amaranth
- 1 cup frozen DOLE® Organic Blueberries, plus additional for garnish
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1-1/2 tablespoons maple syrup, divided
- 2 tablespoons chopped almonds
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened flaked coconut
- Combine coconut milk and water in a medium saucepan. Bring to boil and add amaranth. Reduce to simmer, cover and cook for 20 minutes or until grains have absorbed most of the liquid.
- Add blueberries, cinnamon, and 1 tablespoon maple syrup. Cook uncovered for an additional 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and season with salt to taste.
- Divide between two bowls and top with almonds, coconut, additional blueberries, and remaining 1/2 tablespoon maple syrup.