Blackened Tuna with Banana Mango Chutney
A new savory variation on fruit served with delicious tuna.
Calories per serving
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 4 medium, sliced DOLE® Banana(s), divided
- 2 cups fresh or frozen mango, diced, divided
- 1/4 cup DOLE Seedless Raisins
- 6 fresh ahi tuna steaks or boneless skinless chicken
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 to 2 teaspoons blackening seasoning
- • Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a sheet pan with aluminum foil.
- • Combine sugar, vinegar, water, curry powder, cinnamon, garlic and red pepper, in a saucepan. Heat to simmer, stirring and cook for 1 minute.
- • Peel 3 bananas, slice and add to saucepan. Add 1 cup diced mangos Heat fruit mixture and simmer, uncovered, 10 minutes, stirring occasionally until mixture thickens.
- • Slice and add remaining bananas to chutney. Add remaining diced mangos and raisins. Stir to mix well, remove from heat, cover and let stand 30 minutes.
- • Heat a large non-stick sauté pan over high heat, until very hot. Brush tuna steaks or chicken breasts with oil and sprinkle with seasoning. Sear tuna or chicken until brown on each side, place on prepared sheet pan and continue to cook in the oven until no longer pink in the center, about 10 to 15 minutes longer.
- • Place tuna or chicken on large serving platter and spoon chutney on top.