By browsing Dole website, you consent to the use of some of these cookies.
Performance, Social Media and Advertising
These cookies are used to improve how our Website works and to distinguish unique users by assigning a randomly generated number as a client identifier. They collect information about how users use our Website, for instance which pages are visited most often, and if they get error messages from web pages. All information collected by these cookies is aggregated and therefore anonymous.
Social Media and Advertising
Our websites allow third parties to download cookies to your device. Social media cookies offer the possibility to connect you to your social networks and share content from our website through social media. Advertising cookies are used to deliver adverts more relevant to you and your interests. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advert as well as help measure the effectiveness of the advertising campaigns. They remember that you have visited the Website and this information may be shared with other organizations, e.g. advertisers. Deselecting these cookies may result in seeing advertising that is not as relevant to you or you not being able to link effectively with social networks and/or not allowing you to share content on social media.
Social Media and Advertising
Blackened Tuna with Banana Mango Chutney
A new savory variation on fruit served with delicious tuna.
Calories per serving
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 6 fresh ahi tuna steaks or boneless skinless chicken
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 to 2 teaspoons blackening seasoning
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 4 medium, sliced DOLE® Banana(s), divided
- 2 cups DOLE® fresh or frozen mango, diced, divided
- 1/4 cup DOLE Seedless Raisins
- • Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a sheet pan with aluminum foil.
- • Combine sugar, vinegar, water, curry powder, cinnamon, garlic and red pepper, in a saucepan. Heat to simmer, stirring and cook for 1 minute.
- • Peel 3 bananas, slice and add to saucepan. Add 1 cup diced mangos Heat fruit mixture and simmer, uncovered, 10 minutes, stirring occasionally until mixture thickens.
- • Slice and add remaining bananas to chutney. Add remaining diced mangos and raisins. Stir to mix well, remove from heat, cover and let stand 30 minutes.
- • Heat a large non-stick sauté pan over high heat, until very hot. Brush tuna steaks or chicken breasts with oil and sprinkle with seasoning. Sear tuna or chicken until brown on each side, place on prepared sheet pan and continue to cook in the oven until no longer pink in the center, about 10 to 15 minutes longer.
- • Place tuna or chicken on large serving platter and spoon chutney on top.