Black Beauty Tart
Tasty tart made with pineapple and vanilla pudding and garnished with toasted, sliced almonds.
Calories per serving
- 1 can (20 oz.) DOLE® Sliced Pineapple in Syrup
- 1 box (3-1/2 oz.) vanilla pudding and pie filling (not instant)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tbsp. sliced almonds, toasted
- Drain pineapple thoroughly, reserving 1/2 cup syrup. Mix reserved syrup, pudding mix and milk in 2-quart saucepan.
- Bring to boil. Remove from heat and stir in sour cream until smooth. Pour into baked Cookie Crust. Chill.
- Garnish with sliced pineapple and almonds.
Cookie Crust: Mix 1-1/2 cups finely crushed chocolate cookie crumbs with 1 cup toasted chopped blanched almonds, 1/2 cup melted butter and 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon. Press into 9-inch tart pan with removable bottom. Bake in 350 F oven 10 minutes. Cool.