Calories per serving
- 2 bunches baby red or gold beets
- 1 medium fennel bulb
- 1 pkg (5 oz.) DOLE® Spring Mix
- 1 can (15 oz.) DOLE Mandarin Oranges, drained
- 4 chopped fresh mint sprigs
- 1/2 cup shallot vinaigrette (recipe below)
- 1/2 cup goat cheese, crumbled
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Place beets in medium roasting pan, add water to cover bottom of pan; cover with foil. Roast 40 to 45 minutes or until beets are tender and can be pierced with a fork or knife.
- Cool slightly; remove skin from beets and cut into wedges.
- Trim off fennel leaves and stalk; cut into very thin slices.
- Combine salad, mandarin oranges, mint, beets and fennel in large bowl. Pour dressing over salad; toss to evenly coat. Sprinkle cheese over salad.
- Shallot Vinaigrette: Combine 2/3 cup olive oil, 1/4 cup sherry vinegar, 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice and 2 tablespoons finely chopped shallot and salt and pepper to taste in small bowl. Whisk until well combined. Makes about 1-1/2 cups.