Banana Gingerbread Upside Down Cake
An upside down cake featuring banana and gingerbread.
Calories per serving
- 3/4 cup margarine, divided
- 1 cup packed brown sugar, divided
- 2 firm, large DOLE® Banana(s), peeled
- 1/4 cup DOLE Chopped Dates
- 1 egg(s)
- 2 extra-ripe, medium DOLE Bananas, peeled
- 3/4 cup molasses
- 1-2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Melt 1/4 cup margarine in 9 or 10-inch cast iron skillet. Stir in 1/2 cup brown sugar. Slice firm bananas; arrange in single layer in brown sugar mixture. Press dates in spaces between bananas.
- Beat 1/2 cup margarine and remaining 1/2 cup brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg.
- Puree ripe bananas in blender; blend 3/4 cup pureed banana with molasses. Combine dry ingredients in bowl; stir into beaten egg mixture alternately with molasses mixture until smooth. Spread batter over bananas in skillet.
- Bake 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on wire rack 10 minutes. Invert onto serving plate.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.