Calories per serving
- 2 medium ripe DOLE® Bananas
- 3/4 cup DOLE Chopped Dates
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup margarine
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 egg(s)
- 1 teaspoon rum or vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup raspberry jelly or jam, melted
- Place bananas in blender or food processor container. Cover; blend until smooth (about 3/4 cup).
- Toss dates and almonds with 1 tablespoon flour in small bowl; set aside. Combine remaining flour, baking powder, cinnamon and nutmeg in medium bowl.
- Beat margarine with sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs. Alternately stir in flour mixture and bananas. Stir in date mixture and rum extract. Turn into greased 8-inch square baking pan.
- Bake at 350ø F., 45 to 50 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Poke holes in cake with fork and spread jelly over cake. Cool.