Banana Apple Crisp
Bananas add a sweetness to this apple crisp.
Calories per serving
- 4 DOLE® Green Apples, cored and cut 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 DOLE Bananas,peeled and sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 1/3 cup DOLE Pineapple Orange Juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup margarine, cut in small pieces
- 1/4 cup chopped almonds, toasted
- Combine apples, bananas, orange juice, 1 teaspoon cinnamon and 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg in 9x9-inch baking dish.
- Blend together brown and granulated sugars, oats, flour and remaining 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon and 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg.
- Cut in margarine with pastry blender or two knives until mixture is crumbly. Mix in almonds and sprinkle over fruit.
- Bake in preheated 350°F. for 45 minutes or until topping is brown. Cool slightly and serve topped with ice cream or whipped cream if desired.