Baked Pork Chops Lanai
A fantastic Hawaiian pork dish.
Calories per serving
- 1 can (15.25 oz.) DOLE® Tropical Fruit
- 6 center cut lean pork chops (1 inch thick)
- 1/2 tsp. cornstarch
- 1 tsp. vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, quartered, thinly sliced
- 2 clove(s) garlic, pressed
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- Drain tropical fruit. Sprinkle pork chops with salt and pepper. In ovenproof skillet, brown pork on both sides in oil; remove to platter. Saute onion and garlic in pan drippings. Stir in basil and chicken broth. Simmer until reduced by half. Arrange onions over top of pork. Cover; bake in 375 F oven 40 minutes. Add tropical fruit salad. Cover; bake 15 minutes longer. With slotted spoon, remove pork and fruit to serving platter.
- Dissolve cornstarch in 1 teaspoon water. Stir into pan juices. Cook, stirring, until sauce boils and thickens. Serve over pork chops and fruit. Serve with brown rice, if desired.