Bacon Wrapped Pineapple Bites
An easy and tasty appetizer.
Calories per serving
- 1 lb. bacon slices
- 1 can (20 oz.) DOLE® Pineapple Chunks, drained
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon chipotle chile powder
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced green onion, optional garnish
- Canned Pineapple Chunks in 100 Pineapple Juice
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a sheet pan with foil and place a baking rack on top.
- Cut each strip of bacon in half.
- Weave bacon around three pineapple chunks by skewering one end of bacon strip, then pineapple. Wrap bacon around one side of pineapple chunk and skewer middle section of bacon strip. Skewer another pineapple chunk, then fold bacon over one side of pineapple. Skewer a third another pineapple chunk.
- Drizzle bites with honey and lightly sprinkle with chipotle chile powder.
- Bake for 30 minutes, flipping each skewer halfway through, or until bacon is crisp. Garnish with green onion if desired.