Calories per serving
- 1 can (20 oz.) DOLE® Crushed Pineapple
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup lowfat sour cream
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup butter or margarine, softened and divided
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) DOLE Chopped Dates, divided
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 egg(s)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray 13x9-inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- Drain pineapple well, pressing out at least 1 cup juice. Reserve 1/4 cup juice, discard remainder.
- Combine brown sugar, 1/2 cup flour and cinnamon in a small bowl. Cut in 1/4 cup butter until coarse. Stir in almonds and half chopped dates.
- Beat granulated sugar and remaining butter until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time, until blended. Combine remaining flour, baking powder, nutmeg and salt. Alternate adding flour mixture, pineapple juice and sour cream to creamed batter until well incorporated. Stir in remaining chopped dates.
- Pour cake batter into prepared baking pan. Spoon drained pineapple evenly over cake. Top evenly with almond topping. Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.