Whole Wheat Blueberry Pancakes
Start breakfast off right with whole wheat and buttermilk pancakes.
Calories per serving
- 1 cup quick cooking oats
- 2/3 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup frozen DOLE® Blueberries, thawed and well-drained
- as needed canola oil
- as desired Maple or blueberry syrup
- 3 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine, melted
- Stir together oats, flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt in large bowl.
- Whisk together eggs, buttermilk and butter in medium bowl. Add to flour mixture, stirring until just combined. Gently stir in blueberries.
- Heat large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; brush lightly with oil. For each pancake, spoon about 1/4 cup batter into skillet and spread to 3-inch pancake. Cook until bubbles just appear on surface and underside is lightly brown. Turn and brown second side. Serve with syrup and additional blueberries, if desired.