By browsing Dole website, you consent to the use of some of these cookies.
Performance, Social Media and Advertising
These cookies are used to improve how our Website works and to distinguish unique users by assigning a randomly generated number as a client identifier. They collect information about how users use our Website, for instance which pages are visited most often, and if they get error messages from web pages. All information collected by these cookies is aggregated and therefore anonymous.
Social Media and Advertising
Our websites allow third parties to download cookies to your device. Social media cookies offer the possibility to connect you to your social networks and share content from our website through social media. Advertising cookies are used to deliver adverts more relevant to you and your interests. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advert as well as help measure the effectiveness of the advertising campaigns. They remember that you have visited the Website and this information may be shared with other organizations, e.g. advertisers. Deselecting these cookies may result in seeing advertising that is not as relevant to you or you not being able to link effectively with social networks and/or not allowing you to share content on social media.
Social Media and Advertising
Sweet n Spicy Tropical Glazed Meatballs
Great for the grill and your party!
Calories per serving
- 2 containers (4 oz. each) DOLE® Fruit Bowls® Tropical Fruit, undrained
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup seasoned dry bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon dried cilantro
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon lime ponzu sauce
- 1 tablespoon KIKKOMAN® Sriracha Hot Chili Sauce
- 1 teaspoon, divided garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 can (8 oz.) DOLE Pineapple Slices
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 egg(s)
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat with lid closed. Drain pineapple ; reserve pineapple juice.
- Combine tropical fruit, water, sugar, Ponzu sauce, Sriracha sauce, 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, ginger and reserved pineapple juice in food processor or blender. Cover; blend until smooth. Pour into fireproof sauce pan and place on grill. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to simmer.
- Combine ground beef, egg, bread crumbs, 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, cilantro, salt, onion powder and pepper in large mixing bowl. Gently blend mixture and form into 20 meatballs. Thread meatballs onto skewers leaving a small space between each meatball.
- Brush grill with oil and place skewers on grill rack, cooking each side for 2 minutes or until sides are browned. Remove meatballs from skewers and add to sauce pan. Gently stir to coat and simmer 10 to 15 minutes or until meatballs are cooked through and sauce has thickened.
- Grill pineapple slices 5 to 7 minutes each side or until slightly charred while meatballs are simmering.
- Cut each pineapple slice into 5 pieces. Spear one pineapple chunk and meatball on a cocktail skewer. Garnish with fresh cilantro, if desired.