Summer Holiday Pineapple Stained Glass Cake
A unique and festive cake that's perfect for 4th of July entertaining.
Calories per serving
- 1 once unflavored gelatin
- 1 pkg (3oz) blue berry flavored gelatin
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 can (20 oz) Canned Pineapple Tidbits in 100 Pineapple Juice
- 1 pkg (3oz) cherry flavored gelatin
- 3 cups boiling water, divided
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 3/4 cups sugar, divided
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 2 cups heavy cream
- Combine 1 (1/4 oz.) envelope unflavored gelatin, berry blue gelatin, and 1-1/2 cups boiling water. Stir until dissolved. Pour mixture into 8”x 8” baking pan. Repeat with cherry gelatin and pour into a separate 8” x 8” baking pan. Chill until firm.
- Cut gelatin into 1/2” squares. Unmold by dipping pan in hot water for 10 seconds and tipping pan onto a sheet tray. Chill gelatin until ready to use.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Combine graham cracker crumbs, salt, butter, and 1/4 cup sugar in a bowl. Stir well. Press mixture into bottom of a 10-inch springform pan. Bake 10 min. or until golden. Allow to cool completely.
- Combine reserved pineapple juice and cold water in a small saucepot. Sprinkle remaining unflavored gelatin packet over juice mixture. Heat mixture over low-medium and stir to dissolve gelatin. Chill mixture for 30 minutes or until the consistency of egg whites.
- Combine cream, vanilla, and remaining 1/2 cup sugar in a large mixing bowl. Beat cream to stiff peaks. Fold in chilled pineapple juice mixture until fully incorporated.