Springtime Spinach Salad
This spinach salad with the addition of strawberries and feta cheese is great to serve at any meal.
Calories per serving
- 8 oz fresh DOLE® Asparagus Spears
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 pkg (6 oz) DOLE Baby Spinach Leaves
- 1-1/2 cups frozen DOLE® Sliced Strawberries, partially thawed
- 1 red onion, julienne-sliced
- 2/3 cup feta or blue cheese, crumbled
- Break off woody ends of asparagus (1" to 1 1/2" of bottom) and discard. Cut remaining asparagus spears into 1" lengths. Place in a microwaveable dish with water.
- Microwave on HIGH power for 3 minutes. Immediately rinse asparagus under cold water for 1 minute; drain well.
- Place salad blend, drained asparagus, strawberries, onion and cheese in a large bowl. Pour dressing over salad; toss to evenly coat. Sprinkle cheese over salad.
- Raspberry Dressing Recipe: Place 3/4 cup thawed DOLE Frozen Raspberries, 1/3 to 1/2 cup orange juice, 1/3 cup olive oil, 1 tablespoon honey and 1/4 teaspoon salt in blender or food processor container. Cover; blend until smooth. Makes 1-1/4 cups.