By browsing Dole website, you consent to the use of some of these cookies.
Performance, Social Media and Advertising
These cookies are used to improve how our Website works and to distinguish unique users by assigning a randomly generated number as a client identifier. They collect information about how users use our Website, for instance which pages are visited most often, and if they get error messages from web pages. All information collected by these cookies is aggregated and therefore anonymous.
Social Media and Advertising
Our websites allow third parties to download cookies to your device. Social media cookies offer the possibility to connect you to your social networks and share content from our website through social media. Advertising cookies are used to deliver adverts more relevant to you and your interests. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advert as well as help measure the effectiveness of the advertising campaigns. They remember that you have visited the Website and this information may be shared with other organizations, e.g. advertisers. Deselecting these cookies may result in seeing advertising that is not as relevant to you or you not being able to link effectively with social networks and/or not allowing you to share content on social media.
Social Media and Advertising
Calories per serving
- 1 can (15 oz.) Plus 2 (4 oz.) fruit cups DOLE® Mandarin Oranges, drained, reserving juice
- 1 pound fresh salmon filet(s), thickly cut
- 10 large DOLE Green Onions, divided
- 1 teaspoon Korean sweet and spicy sauce
- 5 tablespoons orange marmalade
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup DOLE Celery, chopped
- 5 ounces chow mein noodles
- Open and drain mandarin oranges, reserving juice to equal 1-1/4 cups. Place salmon in shallow glass dish. Prick flesh with fork, drizzle on 1/4 cup mandarin juice and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Set aside for 15 minutes.
- Preheat gas grill to 400°F. Spray small skillet with cooking spray and add 1-1/2 cups mandarin oranges. Place skillet on medium hot grill, blaze and sauté 5 minutes. Add 6 green onions to hot grill. Turn and cook until charred. Remove and chop onions into pieces. Place oranges and onions into food processor. Cover; blend. Add mixture back to small skillet and heat on medium-high heat on grill.
- Add remaining 1 cup mandarin juice, sweet and spicy sauce, marmalade, salt and pepper. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cook 20 to 30 minutes, stirring occasionally, until thickened. Remove from heat. Add mayonnaise and blend. Slice 2 green onions and add to sauce.
- Coat grill with cooking spray. Place salmon (skin side up first) on grill and cook on each side 4-5 minutes. Remove and let cool slightly. Remove bottom skin. Break salmon into random chunks. Put in large mixing bowl. Add celery and toss. Drizzle thickened sauce over salmon mixture and toss.
- Place equal amounts of chow mein noodles on small plates. Top with equal amounts of salmon mixture and remaining drained mandarin oranges. Chiffonade slice 2 green onions and use as garnish atop salmon.
- Tip: Other Dole fruits (pineapples, peaches or pears) can be substituted for the Mandarin oranges and would give another flair to this salmon dish.