Spiced Pineapple Rice
A sweet and zesty rice dish.
Calories per serving
- 1 can (20 oz) DOLE® Crushed Pineapple
- 7 tablespoons butter or margarine, divided
- 2 cups rice, uncooked
- 3-1/4 cups boiling water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups DOLE Shredded Carrots
- 1 cup DOLE Seedless Raisins
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Drain pineapple, reserving juice.
- Melt butter in large saucepan. Add rice and stir until well mixed.
- Add water, reserved pineapple juice and seasonings. Bring to a boil., cover and reduce heat.
- Simmer for 20 minutes until liquid is absorbed. Toss in pineapple, carrots, raisins and remaining butter.
- Pour into buttered 3-quart casserole dish. Cover with foil or lid and bake for 25 to 30 minutes.