Calories per serving
- 4-5 lbs. bone-in chicken thighs, trimmed of excess fat
- 12 garlic cloves, peeled and smashed
- 3 dried bay leaves
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 can (20 oz.) DOLE® Pineapple Chunks, drained, juice reserved
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup white distilled vinegar
- Add chicken, garlic, bay leaves, soy sauce, pineapple, 1/4 cup reserved pineapple juice, and pepper to slow cooker. Pour vinegar on top of chicken. Do not stir.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 4 hours or LOW for 8 hours.
- Remove chicken and place on a parchment lined baking sheet. Preheat broiler.
- Skim excess fat from sauce, if desired. Transfer sauce from slow cooker to a medium saucepot and bring to a boil. Cook for about 20 minutes or until sauce is reduced by half.
- Broil chicken on HIGH for 5 minutes to brown. Transfer chicken to a serving platter.
- Pour sauce over chicken and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Serve chicken with steamed rice.