Saucy Polynesian Meatballs
These meatballs could be served as an entrée over rice or as an appetizer.
Calories per serving
- 1 pkg. (20 oz.) ground chicken or turkey
- 1-1/4 cups DOLE Pineapple Juice
- 1-1/2 cups instant brown rice, uncooked
- 3/4 cup green onion, thinly sliced, divided
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons teriyaki sauce, divided
- 2 egg(s), beaten
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/3 cup orange marmalade
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine ground turkey, rice, 1/4 cup pineapple juice, 1/2 cup green onions, 2 tablespoons teriyaki sauce, eggs, ginger and nutmeg in large bowl, mixing well.
- Scoop mixture and gently roll into desired meatball size (about 1-1/2 inches); place on aluminum foil-lined baking sheets with sides, sprayed with cooking spray. Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until are done.
- Meanwhile, combine remaining 1 cup pineapple juice, 1/4 cup teriyaki sauce and orange marmalade in medium saucepan; heat to boiling. Reduce heat; simmer 5 to 7 minutes or until slightly thicken. Stir in remaining 1/4 cup green onions.
- Top meatballs with sauce. Serve over hot cooked rice and additional green onions if desired.