Pumpkin and Orange Spice Cake
A rich spice cake sweetened with Mandarin oranges and cream cheese frosting.
Calories per serving
- 1 can (15 oz.) DOLE® Mandarin Oranges, drained, reserve syrup
- 1 pkg. (2 layer) spice cake mix
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 cup chopped pecans, divided
- 1 canister prepared cream cheese frosting
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray two (9-inch) cake pans with cooking spray and line bottoms with parchment or wax paper.
- Roughly chop mandarin oranges; set aside.
- Combine cake mix, eggs, reserved juice, water, and pumpkin in large bowl. Mix with hand mixer for 2 minutes. Fold in ¾ cup pecans and mandarin oranges.
- Pour batter into prepared cake pans. Bake 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan 10 minutes. Remove from pan onto wire rack; cool completely.
- Spoon cream cheese frosting into microwave-safe bowl, microwave on HIGH for 20 seconds, or until frosting is softened to pourable consistency.
- Pour half of the frosting on to the first layer of cake. Place second cake layer on top and pour the remaining frosting on top. Garnish with remaining pecans.