Pork Chops in Cherry Brandy Sauce
Savory pork chops in a decadent cherry brandy sauce.
Calories per serving
- 4 cup frozen DOLE® Dark Sweet Cherries, divided and thawed
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. ground allspice
- 1/4 tsp. ground coriander
- 4 boneless pork chops
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 1 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup brandy liqueur
- 1/4 cup milk
- Blend 2 cups cherries in blender or food processor until smooth. Push through sieve reserving juice.
- Combine salt, allspice and coriander in small bowl. Sprinkle pork chops on all sides with spice mixture. Melt butter in 12-inch skillet. Brown pork over medium-high heat 4 to 5 minutes on each side or until brown. Remove pork, cover lightly with aluminum foil. Reduce heat to medium-low; add flour to pan drippings and cook, stirring 1 minute or until combined.
- Add reserved cherry juice and liqueur to skillet, bring to boil, reduce heat. Stir in milk. Return pork chops and remaining cherries to skillet and cook covered over medium heat an additional 7 to 10 minutes, or until pork chops reach an internal temperature of 160°F. Serve immediately.