Pineapple Shrimp Cocktail
This is a twist on the traditional shrimp cocktail with a pineapple, cilantro, lime juice and jalapeno flavor. Great for any gathering.
Calories per serving
- 2 cups frozen DOLE® Tropical Gold® Pineapple Chunks
- 3/4 cup DOLE Pineapple Juice
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard, divided
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 1 lb. large (13 to 15 count) raw shrimp, peeled and deveined with tails intact
- 1 to 2 medium jalapeno chili, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- Finely chopped partially thawed pineapple chunks. Combine pineapple and pineapple juice.
- Combine 1/2 cup pineapple-juice mixture with 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard and brown sugar in blender or food processor for basting sauce. Cover; blend until smooth. Transfer to shallow bowl; set aside.
- Brush skillet or grill with oil. Blot shrimp with paper towel, removing any moisture. Baste one side of shrimp with pineapple basting sauce, then place in the skillet sauce side down. Baste other side with sauce. Cook shrimp about 2 to 3 minutes or until firm to the touch, basting shrimp with sauce until gone, turning once. Use additional oil as needed.
- Stir together remaining pineapple-juice mixture, 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard, lime juice and peel and jalapeno pepper in small sauce pan. Cook over medium-high heat 4 to 5 minutes, stirring often until slightly thickened. Stir in cilantro.
- Place a spoonful of sauce into 4 or 5 small (4 oz.) jelly jars or similar size cup or martini glass. Arrange 3 to 4 shrimp on the rim of the jars or glasses with the tails on the outside; serve immediately.