Pineapple Pork Quesadillas with Mandarin Crema
The mandarin orange salsa gives this pork dish a citrus twist.
Calories per serving
- 1 lb boneless pork chops
- 2 cans (20 oz. each) DOLE® Pineapple Slices, drained
- 1 container (6 oz) plain Greek yogurt
- 1 container (4 oz) DOLE Fruit Bowls Mandarin Oranges, drained
- 1/4 cup olive oil, divided
- 1 tbsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper, divided
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 2 cups diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 8 burrito-style flour tortillas
- 2 cups shredded pepper-jack cheese
- Preheat gas grill with lid down to medium-high heat.
- Drizzle pork with 2 tablespoons oil, rub on 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper and 1/2 teaspoon cumin; set aside. Drain 1 can pineapple slices and brush lightly with oil.
- Grill pork and pineapple slices 5 to 10 minutes, or until pork is cooked through (145ºF.) and pineapple is lightly charred. Once cooled, dice grilled pineapple and pork and mix together in bowl; set aside.
- Drain remaining can pineapple slices; finely chop pineapple. Stir together pineapple, tomatoes, cilantro, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 pepper in bowl. Set aside.
- Reduce heat on grill to low. Brush 4 tortillas lightly with oil.
- Combine mandarin oranges, yogurt, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper in food processor. Cover; blend until smooth. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Cut each quesadillas into 8 triangles, top with salsa and drizzle with mandarin crema.