By browsing Dole website, you consent to the use of some of these cookies.
Performance, Social Media and Advertising
These cookies are used to improve how our Website works and to distinguish unique users by assigning a randomly generated number as a client identifier. They collect information about how users use our Website, for instance which pages are visited most often, and if they get error messages from web pages. All information collected by these cookies is aggregated and therefore anonymous.
Social Media and Advertising
Our websites allow third parties to download cookies to your device. Social media cookies offer the possibility to connect you to your social networks and share content from our website through social media. Advertising cookies are used to deliver adverts more relevant to you and your interests. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advert as well as help measure the effectiveness of the advertising campaigns. They remember that you have visited the Website and this information may be shared with other organizations, e.g. advertisers. Deselecting these cookies may result in seeing advertising that is not as relevant to you or you not being able to link effectively with social networks and/or not allowing you to share content on social media.
Social Media and Advertising
Pineapple Mandarin Mini Cakes
These delightfully fruity Pineapple Mandarin Mini Cakes with DOLE® Crushed Pineapple and Mandarin Oranges are a snap to make and will make a beautiful addition to your table.
Calories per serving
- 1 can (20 oz.) DOLE® Crushed Pineapple
- 1 can (15 oz.) DOLE Mandarin Oranges, drained, juice reserved
- 1 box (2-layer) white cake mix
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt, divided
- 1 pkg. (4 svg.) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 cups frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 12 fresh mint leaves, optional garnish
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 17-x-11-inch rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Spray with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Drain pineapple by pressing through a sieve. Reserve juice, approximately 1 cup.
- Top each mini cake with another cake round, pressing lightly to adhere. Spread frosting around sides of cake using an offset spatula or knife. Pipe additional frosting onto top of each cake round.
- Garnish cakes with reserved mandarin slices and mint, if desired.
- Set aside 1 cup pineapple for topping. Set aside 12 mandarin oranges for garnish.
- Combine cake mix, eggs, reserved mandarin juice, oil, and 1/3 cup Greek yogurt in a large bowl. Beat for 2 minutes.
- Add pineapple and mandarins and continue to beat for 1 minute.
- Pour batter into prepared pan, and level with a spatula. Tap pan on counter top sharply several times to reduce air bubbles.
- Bake until cake is golden and a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean, 18 to 20 minutes. Let cake cool completely in pan.
- Combine pudding mix and reserved pineapple juice. Whisk well until thick. Fold in whipped topping and remaining 2/3 cup yogurt.
- When cake has cooled, cut 24 rounds from cake using a 2-¼-inch round cookie cutter.
- Place frosting in a piping bag fitted with a star tip. Pipe a circle of buttercream onto 12 cake rounds and spoon 1 tablespoon reserved pineapple on top.