Pineapple Dragon Stir Fry
Delicious stir-fry with pineapple chunks.
Calories per serving
- 2 cups MINUTE® White Rice, uncooked
- 1 can (20 oz) DOLE® Pineapple Chunks
- 3/4 cup red bell pepper chunks
- 1 carrot, thinly sliced diagonally
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, minced
- 12 cups water
- 1/3 cup plus 1 tbsp less sodium soy sauce, divided
- 2 tbsp cornstarch, divided
- 3/4 to 1 tsp crushed red pepper
- 3/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (strips)
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 cups broccoli florets, blanched
- Prepare rice according to package directions.
- Drain pineapple; reserve 1/4 cup juice.
- Stir together, in small bowl, reserved juice, water, 1/3 cup soy sauce, 1 tablespoon cornstarch, red pepper (if desired) and garlic powder; set aside.
- Combine chicken with remaining 1 tablespoon each cornstarch and soy sauce, in medium bowl. Heat oil in wok or nonstick large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and stir-fry 4 to 5 minutes or until lightly browned; remove. Add broccoli, bell pepper, carrot and ginger; stir-fry 4 minutes or until just tender. Add reserved soy sauce mixture and chicken; cook, stirring, 2 to 3 minutes or until sauce boils and thickens. Stir in pineapple chunks and heat through. Serve over rice.