Pineapple Chicken Piccata
Classic chicken piccata gets updated with pineapple juice, balancing the tartness of lemon with a little sweetness.
Calories per serving
- 4 thin-sliced boneless skinless chicken breasts filets
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 can (6 oz.) DOLE Pineapple Juice
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup capers, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. Dredge chicken in flour and shake off excess.
- Melt 2 tablespoons of butter with 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Add 2 pieces of chicken and cook for 3 minutes when butter and oil start to sizzle. Do not crowd the pan. When chicken is browned, flip and cook other side for 3 minutes. Remove and transfer to plate.
- Melt 1 more tablespoon butter and add another 1 tablespoon olive oil. When butter and oil start to sizzle, add the other 2 pieces of chicken and brown both sides in same manner. Remove pan from heat and add chicken to the plate.
- Add pineapple juice, lemon juice, and capers. Return to stove and bring to simmer, stirring well.
- Return all the chicken to the pan and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove chicken to serving platter. Add remaining 2 tablespoons butter to sauce and whisk well. Pour sauce over chicken and garnish with parsley.