Calories per serving
- 1 sheet puff pastry sheets
- 4 cups red apple, cubed
- 1 can (20 oz.) DOLE Pineapple Chunks, drained
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon ginger preserves, divided
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease 10-inch springform pan and dust with flour.
- Cut pastry sheet into 3 (3 x 9-inch) strips. Cut 1 strip in half, lengthwise and gently press against sides of springform pan,
- Stir together, apples, pineapple chunks and 1/2 cup preserves, in medium bowl. Sift flour over apple mixture and toss together. Spoon into springform pan.
- Cut remaining 2 strips puff pastry into three long strips, Weave strips crisscross over pie to make lattice top. Place springform pan on baking sheet.
- Bake 55 to 60 minutes or until pastry is lightly browned. Remove from oven, let cool slightly on wire rack.
- Stir together warm bacon crumbles and remaining tablespoon preserves in small bowl. Spoon over pie.