Pina Colada Cheesecake
A no bake cheesecake with pineapple and coconut, creamy and delicious.
Calories per serving
- 1-1/4 cups vanilla wafer crumbs
- 1 cup flaked coconut, toasted
- 1 can (20 oz.) DOLE Crushed Pineapple, undrained
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- optional coconut, flaked and toasted
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1 can (6 oz.) DOLE Pineapple Juice
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 3 pkgs. (8 oz. each) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon dark rum, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon coconut or vanilla extract
- 2 cups frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Combine crumbs, coconut and butter in medium bowl. Press mixture on bottom and sides of 8 or 9-inch springform pan. Chill.
- Pour juice into small saucepan. Sprinkle gelatin over juice; let stand 5 minutes to soften gelatin. Cook and stir over medium heat until gelatin dissolves; remove from heat. Set aside.
- Beat together cream cheese and 3/4 cup sugar in large bowl until smooth. Beat in gelatin mixture until well blended. Beat in 1/4 cup rum and coconut extract until smooth and blended. Gently fold in whipped topping. Spoon into prepared crust. Chill 6 hours or overnight until set.
- Combine undrained pineapple, 2 tablespoons sugar, 1 tablespoon rum (optional) and cornstarch in medium saucepan. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally until sauce thickens. Spread topping over cheesecake, before serving. Garnish with toasted coconut, if desired.