By browsing Dole website, you consent to the use of some of these cookies.
Performance, Social Media and Advertising
These cookies are used to improve how our Website works and to distinguish unique users by assigning a randomly generated number as a client identifier. They collect information about how users use our Website, for instance which pages are visited most often, and if they get error messages from web pages. All information collected by these cookies is aggregated and therefore anonymous.
Social Media and Advertising
Our websites allow third parties to download cookies to your device. Social media cookies offer the possibility to connect you to your social networks and share content from our website through social media. Advertising cookies are used to deliver adverts more relevant to you and your interests. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advert as well as help measure the effectiveness of the advertising campaigns. They remember that you have visited the Website and this information may be shared with other organizations, e.g. advertisers. Deselecting these cookies may result in seeing advertising that is not as relevant to you or you not being able to link effectively with social networks and/or not allowing you to share content on social media.
Social Media and Advertising
Party Cheese Ball
Nothing screams holidays like cheese. This festive cheese ball is a great way to get your holidays rolling. Image courtesy of Fine Cooking™
Calories per serving
- 1 pkg. (8 oz,) cream cheese, room temperature
- 5 oz. garlic and herb flavored gournay cheese
- 1 cup DOLE® Pineapple Tidbits, well drained
- 1/2 cup cashews, toasted and chopped
- 3 tablespoons dried cranberries
- 1/2 teaspoon aleppo pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons thinly sliced chives
- Combine cream cheese and Gournay cheese in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, and mix on medium speed until well combined.
- Add one-third pineapple tidbits, half of the cashews, half of the finely chopped cranberries, the Aleppo pepper if using, and the salt. Mix on medium speed until well combined.
- Scoop the mixture into a mound in the center of a large sheet of plastic wrap. Lift all 4 ends of the wrap up and around the cheese mound. Using your hands, form the cheese into a ball through the plastic wrap. Twist the plastic wrap pieces together tightly at the top of the cheese ball. Transfer to a bowl, and refrigerate for 4 hours or up to overnight.
- Before serving, finely chop the remaining cashews. Spread the cashews, the remaining pineapple, and the remaining dried cranberries in an even layer on a large rimmed baking sheet. Remove the plastic from the cheese ball. Roll gently and press the ingredients on the baking sheet onto the cheese ball to evenly coat. Sprinkle with chives. Serve with crackers, sliced baguette or crudite.