One Pan Chicken with Pineapple and Veggies
Recipe created by Dole Blogger Ambassador Ally Phillips.
Calories per serving
- 4 (about 2 to 2-1/2 lbs.) bone-in chicken thighs (with skin)
- 4 teaspoons Asian seasoning blend, divided
- 2 teaspoons sea salt, divided
- 2 teaspoons coarse ground pepper, divided
- 2 cups baby potatoes, cut in quarters
- 2 cups sweet onion, cut in bite size pieces
- 8-10 mini bell peppers, cut in about ½” rounds
- 1 can (20 oz.) plus 1 can (8 oz.) DOLE® Pineapple Chunks, drained and patted dry
- Preheat oven to 400. Line a large cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Rinse and pat dry the chicken with paper towels and add to a large mixing bowl. Liberally coat the chicken with cooking spray (canola or olive oil).
- Place the meat on about one-third of the cookie sheet. Give the chicken pieces another coating of cooking spray.
- Combine the potatoes, onions, peppers and pineapple chunks In another large mixing bowl. Liberally coat them with cooking spray. Toss and blend.
- Combine Asian spice blend, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Sprinkle half of this mixture on the chicken. Massage for a few minutes into the meat.
- Sprinkle on the remaining spice/salt/pepper mixture and toss and coat the veggies and pineapples. Give pineapples/veggies another coating of cooking spray.
- Spread pineapple and vegetables on the remaining part of the cookie sheet. Cover with double foil tucking around the sides of the pan.
- Roast for 40 minutes. Remove the foil, return to the oven and cook another about 20 to 25 minutes to brown the chicken and veggies. Remove and cover again with foil. Let the chicken rest about five minutes before serving.