Mango Kahuna Tuna Salad
Recipe created by Dole Blogger Ambassador Ally Phillips.
Calories per serving
- 1-1/2 cups frozen DOLE® Mango Chunks, partially thawed
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup cilantro avocado yogurt dressing (or other yogurt-based dressing)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon coarse ground pepper
- 4 cans (7 oz.) albacore tuna, in water, drained
- 5 medium green onions, sliced thinly with tops
- 1-1/2 cups celery, chopped
- 1/2 cup oil-cured green and black olives, sliced
- 1-1/2 cups purple cabbage, chopped
- Combine mango chunks, mayonnaise, yogurt dressing, salt and pepper in a food processor. Pulse and blend into a thick creamy mixture. Set aside.
- Combine tuna, green onions, celery, olives, 3 tablespoons oil from olives, and cabbage in a large bowl. Toss and blend breaking some of the tuna chunks into smaller pieces. Add about three-fourths to one cup of the dressing. Toss and blend.
- Refrigerate at least an hour before serving. Use the extra dressing for garnish/serving.
- NOTE: Mango may also be chopped and folded into tuna salad instead of blended into dressing.SERVING SUGGESTIONS: Use hot dog or hamburger buns and fill with the tuna salad.Roll up tuna in tortillas.Stuff pita pockets with tuna.Serve with greens to make a salad.