Mandarin Peaches and Cream Dessert
Mandarin, peaches and cream...oh my!
Calories per serving
- 2-3/4 cups water, divided
- 1 pkg. (3 oz.) peach flavor gelatin
- 2 pkg. (3 oz. each) orange flavor gelatin
- 1 can (15 oz.) DOLE® Mandarin Oranges, drained
- 1 can (12 oz.) evaporated milk
- Bring 3/4 cup water to boil. Add to peach gelatin mix in small bowl; stir 2 minutes until completely dissolved. Pour 1/4 cup gelatin into 2-qt. glass bowl or mold sprayed with cooking spray. Refrigerate 15 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Arrange mandarin oranges, with slices slightly overlapping, over gelatin in bowl. Gently pour remaining peach gelatin mixture over mandarin oranges. Refrigerate 15 min. or until gelatin is set but not firm.
- Meanwhile, bring remaining water to boil. Add to orange gelatin mixes in medium bowl; stir 2 minutes until completely dissolved. Stir in evaporated milk. Refrigerate 30 minutes; pour over gelatin layer in bowl.
- Refrigerate 4 hours or until firm. Unmold dessert onto serving plate just before serving. Garnish with whipped topping, if desired.
- To make mini’s: Follow the above instructions reducing orange gelatin to 1 pkg. and evaporated milk to 1 (5 oz.) can. Use a 12-cup muffin cup or 12-cup mini-bundt pan.
- Unmolding: Dip mold in warm water for about 15 seconds. Gently pull gelatin from around edges with moist fingers. Place moistened serving plate on top of mold. Invert mold and plate; holding mold and plate together, shake slightly to loosen. Gently remove mold and center gelatin on plate.