Mandarin Cherry Pretzel Bars
A classic sweet and salty dessert.
Calories per serving
- 3 cups (approx. 3.5 oz.) finely crushed pretzels
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 cup maraschino cherries, cut in half
- 3/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 pkg. (4 svg.) orange flavored gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 can (15 oz.) DOLE® Mandarin Oranges, drained
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine pretzels, brown sugar and melted butter in a bowl. Mix thoroughly.
- Press mixture into the bottom of a 9 x13 inch baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake for 10 minutes, or until pretzel layer is golden. Set aside to cool completely.
- Combine powdered sugar and cream cheese in a medium bowl and beat with a hand mixer until smooth.
- Fold in whipped topping, mixing well to combine. Spread evenly over the cooled pretzel layer. Refrigerate until set, about 30 minutes.
- Combine orange gelatin mixture and boiling water in a medium bowl. Stir until completely dissolved. Add cold water and stir.
- Mix in mandarins and cherries and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Pour gelatin mixture over the cooled cream cheese layer. Refrigerate until set, at least 1 hour.