Korean Spicy Sweet Beef Udon Noodle Bowl
Recipe created by Dole Blogger Ambassador Ally Phillips.
Calories per serving
- 1 to 1-1/4 lbs. New York strip steak, rib eye, or flank steak, cut in about 1/2” wide strips and about 2-3” in length
- 1/4 cup sesame oil
- 3/4 teaspoon coarse ground pepper
- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) Korean BBQ simmer sauce
- 1 cup water
- 2 pkgs. (7.1 oz.) udon stir fry noodles, ready to serve
- 1 cup DOLE® Pineapple Tidbits, drained
- 1 pkg. (10.8 oz.) frozen stir fry vegetables, partially thawed
- 2 cups baby bok choy, sliced and roughly chopped
- Add sesame oil to a large deep heavy skillet over medium high heat. When the oil is hot, add the beef strips and sprinkle with the salt and one teaspoon of pepper. Turn, toss and cook about four to five minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium and add the BBQ sauce and water. Blend. Cover and cook about five minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium low. Add the noodles, carefully blend (the noodles will be stuck together from the packaging), cover with a lid and let the mixture simmer about eight to ten minutes. This will loosen the noodles. Use tongs or a large fork to gently separate the noodles and blend into the liquid.
- Add the pineapple and the stir fry vegetables. Blend into the noodles. Cover with a lid and let the mixture cook another about ten minutes stirring a couple of times.
- Reduce heat to low. And add the fresh baby bokchoy. Blend into the mixture. Cover and let it steam about five minutes.
- Serve immediately. Garnish with a sprinkle of coarse ground or freshly ground pepper.