Island Chicken Skewers
A pineapple juice-based marinade transforms chicken tenders into a very tasty dish.
Calories per serving
- 1 cup (1 can 8.4 oz.) DOLE Pineapple Juice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/3 cup less sodium soy sauce
- 2 clove garlic, smashed
- 3 green onions, cut into 1/2-in. pieces
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken tenders, cut into 2-inch strips
- 16 wooden skewers soaked in water
- Combine pineapple juice, brown sugar, lime juice, soy sauce, garlic, and green onions in small saucepan and bring to boil for 5 minutes. Carefully pour out 3/4 cup mixture into a bowl to use for marinating the chicken. Allow the marinade to cool.
- Meanwhile, return saucepan to the stove and boil remaining pineapple mixture until slightly thicken. Remove from heat and allow to cool. Reserve to use as a dipping sauce.
- Add chicken to the bowl with the cooled marinade. Stir to coat the chicken. Cover; refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Thread chicken pieces onto skewers. Discard remaining marinade.
- Heat grill to medium heat and oil it with cooking spray. Grill chicken until cooked through, about 5 minutes on each side. Serve with reserved dipping sauce.