By browsing Dole website, you consent to the use of some of these cookies.
Performance, Social Media and Advertising
These cookies are used to improve how our Website works and to distinguish unique users by assigning a randomly generated number as a client identifier. They collect information about how users use our Website, for instance which pages are visited most often, and if they get error messages from web pages. All information collected by these cookies is aggregated and therefore anonymous.
Social Media and Advertising
Our websites allow third parties to download cookies to your device. Social media cookies offer the possibility to connect you to your social networks and share content from our website through social media. Advertising cookies are used to deliver adverts more relevant to you and your interests. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advert as well as help measure the effectiveness of the advertising campaigns. They remember that you have visited the Website and this information may be shared with other organizations, e.g. advertisers. Deselecting these cookies may result in seeing advertising that is not as relevant to you or you not being able to link effectively with social networks and/or not allowing you to share content on social media.
Social Media and Advertising
Holiday Pineapple Stained Glass Cake
A festive and unique cake that's perfect for holiday gatherings.
Calories per serving
- 1 once unflavored gelatin
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 can (20 oz.) Canned Pineapple Tidbits in 100 Pineapple Juice
- 1 pkg (3oz.) lime flavored gelatin
- 1 pkg (3oz) cherry flavored gelatin
- 3 cups boiling water, divided
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cold water
- Combine 1 (1/4 oz.) envelope unflavored gelatin, lime gelatin, and 1-1/2 cups boiling water. Stir until dissolved. Pour mixture into 8”x 8” baking pan. Repeat with cherry gelatin and pour into a separate 8” x 8” baking pan. Chill until firm.
- Cut gelatin into 1/2” squares. Unmold by dipping pan in hot water for 10 seconds and tipping pan onto a sheet tray. Chill gelatin until ready to use.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Combine graham cracker crumbs, salt, butter, and 1/4 cup sugar in a bowl. Stir well. Press mixture into bottom of a 10-inch springform pan. Bake 10 min. or until golden. Allow to cool completely.
- Combine reserved pineapple juice and cold water in a small saucepot. Sprinkle remaining unflavored gelatin packet over juice mixture. Heat mixture over low-medium and stir to dissolve gelatin. Chill mixture for 30 minutes or until the consistency of egg whites.
- Combine cream, vanilla, and remaining 1/2 cup sugar in a large mixing bowl. Beat cream to stiff peaks. Fold in chilled pineapple juice mixture until fully incorporated.
- Reserve about 1/4 of the pineapple tidbits and 1/4 of the gelatin cubes for garnish. Fold remaining pineapple and gelatin cubes into whipped cream mixture. Spoon mixture into crust, tapping the pan to remove air bubbles.
- Top cake with reserved pineapple tidbits and gelatin cubes. Chill overnight, about 8 hours.