Hawaiian Roast Chicken
This flavorful pineapple glaze accompanies simple roast chicken. Leftover chicken can be used to make sandwiches.
Calories per serving
- 1 (4 pound) whole broiler-fryer chicken
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 cup DOLE Pineapple Juice
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon less sodium soy sauce
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Remove giblets and pat chicken dry with a paper towel. Brush chicken with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Place chicken, breast side up, in a foil-lined roasting pan. Tuck wingtips under back of chicken and tie legs together with kitchen twine. Roast 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine pineapple juice, remaining tablespoon olive oil, maple syrup, mustard, and soy sauce in a small saucepan. Whisk until smooth. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat and simmer until mixture is thicken. Reserve 1/2 cup sauce to serve with chicken.
- Brush chicken with remaining glaze. Roast 35 to 45 minutes more brushing with glaze every 20 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 180°F,
- Serve reserve sauce with roast chicken. Use leftover chicken to make sandwiches.